Wednesday, January 31, 2018

John from Outer Space Chapter 5

      We were just finishing a another beer, maybe 2, when the security forces and some tech guys came in. They were wondering how one guy could hit $2100.00 in a matter of minutes, especially with just 6 spins. John stood and said, “just lucky I guess.” They had no real evidence on the security tapes so all they could do was advise us that while we could drink our beer here, we were not welcome at the slot machines for an undetermined period of time. They left and John said, “wait until they see what I can do at the card tables.”

       “John, those tables are watched constantly and there is no way you can mess with or get close enough to those shuffle machines to affect them."

       “Get us another beer and we’ll get the first seat next to the shuffle master at one of those tables and you will see what I can do Bill.” I was more than a little concerned, but at the same time intrigued because I had done all I could to research those machines and found out their operation was more closely guarded than our country’s nuclear secrets. I asked John how he could do it? “It’s simple Bill. You know when you use your cell phone there are electromagnetic waves that carry your signal to a tower that relays it on to its destination. We have developed the ability to not only sense, but read those waves and then alter the signals.”

       "You have to be kidding me, no one can do that,” I said.

      “See that girl over there on her phone? She is telling her boyfriend that she is pregnant. Her boyfriend replied he was not sure he was the father.” Just then the girl got a strange look on her face as she hung up the phone. I could only assume John actually decoded the electromagnetic waves and knew what was said. That was good enough for me and I was ready to go out and view what John could do at the card tables. We ordered another round and headed for the card tables…

      

No comments:

Post a Comment