Monday, July 3, 2017

Crazy Day at Walmart 1707

We stopped at Walmart this morning after our trip to the fitness center. The parking lot looked like it was Christmas Eve and all the drunkards were out doing their first-last Christmas shopping. Inside the store it was packed with shoppers, old people and those wacky-doodles that drive the motorized scooters like they never had a driver’s license.
There was a hunched-over old woman there blocking the aisle when I went to pick up some coffee. She could not reach the upper shelves, but was wanting some instant Folgers coffee. I pulled off a half-dozen different packages for her before she decided she did not want any of them.
We finally got to the beer aisle (imagine me buying beer) and for some reason those there were old, but still functioning. I think there is a lesson there.
Getting out of Walmart was like driving in a demolition derby. All the vehicles coming in and going out, plus those coming to buy fireworks made escaping unscatheved a real issue. Lucky for me I bought enough beer so I do not have to go back tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment