Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Scary!

Okay, I know that I have written about things that scare me about the future, privacy, artificial intelligence takeovers and robots. Some of that has been whimsy, some potential fact. In the last few days, I am seeing ads or videos or songs on every internet page I go to that clearly shows the folks running the internet world know far too much about me. It appears that I am an open book to whomever these people or robots are. They do not yet know every single thing about me, but they are scary close to having everything right.

I first read about data mining some years back and wondered about how that worked. The article said that internet mongers could glean tiny bits about everything a person viewed or purchased and slowly piece things together to create a profile. I had my doubts back then, but now I am not so sure. Suddenly I seem to be profiled and it is a concern. I have nothing to hide, but where does this go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment