Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tech Support Failure

When tech support on the Ash Tree Antiques web server did not work, I had to do so myself. It has taken me another day to correct the server company's mistake, but it looks good now. I have learned the new software and changed file names so the server doesn't look for and place old data on the website when people access it. When their main server crashed they had to have searched many different caches tucked away on their multiple servers to come up with files I had long deleted as far back as October of last year. I know web hosting  companies will never admit their mistakes, their down time and or crashes on their servers, but it makes the users suffer. Look at the car companies when their products have defects. Recalls cost them hundreds of millions of dollars in many cases and they do not like that, despite the danger to their customers. Integrity seems to be lacking these days all over our country and that is a sad thing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment