Monday, March 2, 2015

Today's Farm Pictures

This is several miles away and is believed to be the highest point in our county.
I zoomed in on it and the fact that it seems to be on a near even level with the farm here shows how high we are, most of the time here.
 This is I believe an owl nest high in an elm tree behind the barn. Squirrels build similar nests here, but none this big.
 This is snow just after sliding off the 1935 garage that I still use for my car.
 I saw these tracks in the snow down the hill. I do not recognize them and have never seen the likes of them before.
 This just a snapshot taken along the western fence line.
 This is a favorite view of mine looking west. This is the same view as the first picture but without the zoom level.
 This majestic oak is just across my fence line. This helps me understand how ancient peoples could revere trees and even think of them as homes for pagan gods.
 Here is my first sign of spring, daffodils up through the snow. I do not know how they got to this place as they have never been there any season before.
 This shot is centered on some red cedars in the woods behind the house. They have improved our wildlife habitat here.


No comments:

Post a Comment