Wednesday, October 29, 2014

World Series Baseball

          I have not watched baseball for more than one inning at a time for more years than I can remember. The games in the past just put me to sleep. That is until this series they did. Years ago it seemed that half of the time spent at home plate the batters were constantly adjusting their crotch. They don’t do that now; instead they step out of the box and readjust their batting gloves, this seems to me a more wholesome preoccupation. Now if they could just stop spitting all the time the game would improve even more.
          This World Series is to me the most exciting ever. The San Francisco Giants really seem to live up to their name. Bumgarner, Lincecum, Pence, Petit, Posey and most of all Sandoval are giants of their profession, great players. And then along comes the Kansas City Royals, a team that played as bad as the Chicago Cubs for years, until this year. Tonight the Davids of the series play the final game against the Goliaths. David will be trying to hit against Goliath in the form of Madison Bumgarner. David has not been successful on that score for two games this series. However, Goliath pitched nine innings just days ago and my hope is Goliath will be tired tonight and not have his usual, un-hittable stuff. I hope KC didn’t use up all their hits last night. I want to see what I hope will be the most exciting finale of World Series history. I want David to smash Goliath, or at least squeak out a victory in the bottom of the ninth. I haven’t wanted a team to win this much since the Saint Louis Cardinals won the series back in 1964. In 1964 the underdog Cardinals faced the dreaded New York Yankee batting lineup featuring Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris and the Yankee’s goliath pitcher Whitey Ford.

          Go Royals!

No comments:

Post a Comment