Sunday, August 10, 2014

Samsung/Google Phone

I just bought a new cell phone yesterday. It is a Samsung/Google phone. Everything seems to go through Google. After entering my phone contacts on the phone I was on Google and found all of the numbers were on Google. I am not sure I like that. I have an excellent password to protect my account, but hackers seem to get into everything these days. Who knows who can get on Google and see everything I have? I suppose that by now when I get alarmed, this has been an issue for a long time. I logged onto Facebook one time and now all of my Facebook posts are there on my phone.

I don't think there is any danger there, but how do I know for sure? I am guessing there is no privacy anymore. Hackers can get into any computer or any website and the biggest defense is that hackers are now into banks and places where they can get easy cash.
It is strange that with Google or Facebook once you put something there it is there forever. I can still find posts on the internet that are on websites I closed years ago and deleted. Good old Google keeps what they call a cache of old crap forever. 

All I can say is between Google and the NSA there are no secrets anymore. When I used to publish The-Sentinel-News I joked about the FBI monitoring my news. It was a joke then, now who knows what the government and Google and Facebook know about everyone? It makes me wonder if they have so much information on seemingly innocent people, how come they can't find the bad guys? 

No comments:

Post a Comment