Monday, August 12, 2013

The Real World

We went to a Chinese restaurant for Hailey’s birthday at the Battlefield Mall. I haven’t really been in Springfield in years and the mall is the busiest part of the city. It’s like downtown in a major city. Rhett was driving so I could gawk at everything in view. I was I admit stunned! There was so much traffic and so many people. Our little town has no traffic and so few people. The huge parking lot at the mall was jammed full. I had never seen it so full back when we used to do Christmas shopping there years ago. The crowds of strange people just made me nervous the whole time. I, we had a great time, but I was happy to get out of the world and back home. I don’t know about the economy anywhere else, but it must be doing very well in Springfield. The mall was packed and so was our restaurant. We were there about 2:30 when I would imagine it would be only lightly inhabited, but even at that hour it was as full of people as I was full of Chinese food when I left. I suppose I should go out into the real world more often, but I choose not to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment