Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April in Bloom


The sky is filled with clouds of gray
I do not want to look but cannot turn away
The red bud tree is in bloom and is a sight to see
Why it is called red when it is purple is a mystery to me
The purple-leaf cherry is blooming just beyond
The sight of which I am quite fond
The howl of the wind is no song to my ear
But it comes with the explosion of color each year
Daffodils yellow and white dot all over the yard
Iris leaves stand at attention like a color guard
Plum blossoms cover their trees like snow
There is something new growing wherever I go
The soft scent of blossoms just fills the air
It seems to come from everywhere
Birds fill the air with songs of love
Songs as sweet as harps of angels above
Someday my body must leave this land
Prone forever never more to stand
It would dearly hurt me to walk away
Prior to my last breath on my dying day
Should I by chance enter heaven above
I will write poems for the Creator of this land that I love




No comments:

Post a Comment