Friday, August 28, 2026

260828 On The Way Home

The first part of this post came to me as I walked home from the Aldi's store this morning.I had to finish the rest of it this afternoon.

A woman’s looks can be deceiving.
Leaving a man forever grieving.

A woman’s heart will tell you more.
Of what a man has in store.

One never knows what a wedding will bring.
Many happy years or many tears that sting.

A man’s looks may be deceiving.
Leaving a woman’s heart forever grieving.

The door can swing either way.
It can happen any day.

A marriage isn’t like a brand new super highway.
It’s more like a country road with a few bumps along the way.

Then along comes that fateful day.
When one of the spouses passes away.

That brings grief beyond repair.
I know it’s true, because I’m there.

4 comments:

  1. I think we all are just passing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truer words were never spoken. We are born as helpless humans. We grow to the peak of our abilities. Then we slowly lose our capabilities and slowly drift away, sitting on a pillow waiting for the celebrity ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I've had a lot of good times and had a lot of bad times. That's life as I know it. We do the best as we can, say our prayers and keep going.

      Delete