I had finished my shopping and I walked out the doors. I turned and headed for home. There was an old man who had just parked his shopping cart and was headed for his truck.
I looked at him and said:”Hello old man.” He was short and stocky with white hair and a white beard. He looked like the jolly old elf one might see at Christmas. He asked me how old I was. I replied:" older than you." He said that he doubted it. I told him I was 81, he replied that he was 88! He looked more like 78 to me. I asked, what do you eat? He pointed at a tall elderly woman beside his truck and said: “whatever she cooks.”
I extended my hand to shake his. His grip was stronger than any man’s I had ever shook hands with.
I never know what I’ll say or what I’ll see at Aldi’s. I enjoy seeing all the people there. It’s a panoply of humanity and I never tire of it.
Brother Bill

No comments:
Post a Comment