Sunday, August 9, 2026

260809 Church???

It’s Sunday and the churches are full around here.

Someone told me I’m living in the buckle of the Bible belt. I have no reason to deny that.
I suppose people feel good by going to church once a week on Sunday. I did get an invitation in my mailbox to the local Baptist church nearby. I declined the invitation.

I wake up in the middle of the night to say my prayers. It’s quiet, dark and peaceful. I’m pretty sure the Lord is on duty 24 hours a day.


5 comments:

  1. Indeed, and to build on that, nature was the 1st chapel. Truly fitting if you think about it. That was before it got gross.

    Rhett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhett, I never felt comfortable in any church. I never felt welcome in a church. The same folks who are boning someone else's wife are up there in church acting like they are holier than thou. And there's the money thing. The churches always want donations and where they go isn't where they should go in all too many cases.
    Brother Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. West Coast Bureau ChiefAugust 9, 2026 at 3:17 PM

    In Thomas Jefferson’s will, he gave $100 to each of the churches around him; Lutheran, Methodist, etc. But he gave only $25 to the Baptists.

    I’d love to know the backstory there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. West Coast Bureau ChiefAugust 9, 2026 at 3:20 PM

    In Thomas Jefferson’s will, he left $100 to each of the churches in his community; Lutheran, Methodist, etc. But he left only $25 to the Baptists.

    I’d love to know the backstory there! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, the baptists are the absolute worst religion and yet they have hundreds? Thousands?Millions? of followers. WTF!

      Delete