Thursday, August 6, 2026

260806 Hugs

I watch a lot of movies over the internet. They all have physical contact, hugs and kisses.

I was raised in a home, as was Joyce where there was great love, but never hugs or kisses from parents. As far as intimacy goes, Mom had 7 children.

So now I wonder if no hugs and kisses was normal or not?

I remember going to visit mom and dad one time. I grabbed and hugged my dad and he was in shock and didn't know what to do.

My daughter and her husband always hug me when they come to visit and hug when they are leaving and my daughter kisses me on my cheek.

It’s been two different worlds for me, but both were good.

2 comments:

  1. Too often, in our generations, that type of physical contact was not present. The reasons why are sometimes found in the hard times that proceeded us.

    Rhett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of that. My grandpa was an orphan, my father had to support his mother by selling sausages his mother made in the daytime and dad sold them at night on the streets of Saint Louis. His dad had left them when dad was a child. That's hard times!

    ReplyDelete