Monday, July 20, 2026

260720 Oh What a Day!

After my walk this morning, I emptied my trash and checked my mail. The mail box was full of mail for me, much of it important.
After opening my mail, I went into panic mode!

Most important was my electric bill. I thought it was too early to receive the bill, but I opened it. Danger!!! My electricity will be shut off on July 20th, for lack of payment. I looked at my calendar and DAM! It's July 20th! I can see the lights going off later today! I called the electric company to do whatever was necessary to keep the lights on in my apartment. I spoke with a delightful woman there. She did some magic and said not to worry the bill was paid and the paperwork could be tossed away. Okay, problem solved.

I opened the next piece of mail; oh look my Unisys pension is stopping payment!
I had forgotten to send a change of address and my checking account number was not updated. I filled out the forms and my problem should be taken care of, hopefully.

I opened my mail from the hospital and the first page said: “Your cost of hospital treatment is $155,803. That's the shock number, My insurance takes care of a lot of that cost.

Okay! time to switch from coffee to beer.

Other than that, I’ve had a pretty good day


4 comments:

  1. I believe every bit of this. Time for another beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post was all true and scary! I'm too old for this stuff. I'm going to try to add something on the silly side.
      Brother Bill

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes a good cold one always makes things better; in fact I'm closing this laptop for the evening and I garb a cold one.
      Cheers indeed!
      Brother Bill

      Delete