Saturday, September 14, 2024

240914 Birthday

The Birthday Gift.

I remember one special birthday, from long, long ago. My uncle Tom brought me the best birthday gift ever.

At the time I was perhaps 5-6 years old. There were TV shows for kids on Saturday mornings. My favorite was the Hopalong Cassidy cowboy show. William Boyd played Hopalong. He had a big white hat, a black cowboy suit, had two pistols with white handle grips and he rode a pure white horse when he was busy rounding up bad guys. Hoppy was fast on the trigger!

My birthday is in late July and as we all know it’s hot outside in late July. My uncle came for my birthday with the gift. It was a complete Hopalong Cassidy outfit from hat to boots and two white handled cap pistols. I was ecstatic! There was one minor problem, the suit was made of all wool. I put all my new gear on and was ready to head out to the yard and play cowboy. Mom was terrified I would overheat and pass out with the woolen suit on, but I didn’t pass out and I did have a wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment