Monday, July 29, 2024

240729 Sights Around the World

There are sights I’d love to see before I die, but I never will see them.

Those sites are: The countries of Ireland and Scotland.

In Ireland I would like to go to County Cork, where my grandmother came from. I would also want to see Kilkenny Castle in Ireland

In Scotland I would want to see the castles there. This one is Balmoral Castle in Scotland.

I would like to explore the Aztec pyramids in Mexico. I would spend days roaming about that site.

Perhaps the Mayan pyramids in Mexico would be even better. Their pyramids were taller and more refined than the Aztec pyramids.

On to the Golden Pagota of Burma (now called Myanmar) those are maybe the most magnificent shrines of all.

On to Japan. There are countless Buddhist shrines along the northern coast of Japan. I would want to see as many as I could see. I was in Japan several times but never got any further away than to see Tokyo from the naval base in Yokosuka.

The Sensoji Temple in Japan.

And finally Key West, Florida. I would like to see the author Hemmingway’s home there. It is said to be magnificent!

4 comments:

  1. That would be some awesome trips , get busy Mr Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would certainly like to go to all of those places, but I neither have the money to do so or the stamina to get out and see everything on a day long trek. I no longer trust the safety of airliners and being packed into a small area with many passengers. I could go by sea, but that would take more than a year and at my age I never know when my time runs out. I want to die in the USA where I was born, worked, married, and served my country.

      Delete
  2. I would love to go with you. If I was healthy, I would be spending my time traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I believe we would be good traveling mates. Unfortunately, neither of us could do it now. I saw so many things in the far east during my navy time. I would have to say Singapore and Japan were the best. Had I been stationed on the east coast I would have seen the Mediterranean countries and England and Scotland. I would have enjoyed that.
      Bill

      Delete