Monday, June 17, 2024

240617 Angels

I have seen one angel and met 2 others, at the time I did not know they were angels until later.

The first angel I saw was in our bedroom on the farm. I woke up in the middle of the night, looked over at the sliding glass door and saw someone inside the door. I immediately wondered what Joyce was doing, staring out the door? It seemed very odd to me. Then I looked at the bed beside me and Joyce was laying there. I leaned up on my elbow and when I did the angel took 2 steps and vanished through the north wall of our bedroom. No human being could do that. The only other answer is it had to be an angel.

The next time I was with an angel was the night the surgeons drilled 2 holes in my head to relieve the pressure from the subdural hematoma I acquired from a fall on a concrete floor. My head had shaken my brain loose and that caused the hematoma. Joyce had left the hospital to get some rest at home. I was awake lying in my bed when what I thought was a nurse walked into my room. I wondered why the nurse was not wearing hospital garb like all the other nurses. The woman was tall and a tad on the hefty side. She took my hand and told me I was okay and out of danger from the surgery. She said she would be by my side throughout the night. We talked for hours and she never left, another thing I thought was strange. Nurses usually rush in, do their job and rush off to the next patient. I finally fell asleep. The next morning a nurse came in to ask what my pain level was. I said I was in pain. She told me I could get a shot of morphine, I replied no thanks, but would like some coffee and lots of it. I asked her about the nurse who was by my side all night long. The nurse gave me a funny look and said I was delusional because no nurse would or could do that. As the day wore on, other nurses came and left, but none of them knew who would have been by my side all night. That told me the nurse by my side was not a nurse, but a real life angel that came to help me.

In September of 2017, early one morning, I had just finished making some coffee for Joyce and myself. Joyce walked into the kitchen and said that she was having some trouble seeing. She said it was like looking out through a screen door. We started calling eye doctors to get her an appointment. No place had an open appointment for several weeks. One receptionist suggested that we go to the walk-in clinic; they would be able to check Joyce’s eyes and tell her what she needed. The clinic did not have the tools to help her, but a nice young man took us over to the emergency room. Once there we sat and waited. Our turn came up and we were taken to a room to wait again for a doctor. One walked into the room, spoke to us and said they would take her for an MRI. The first MRI was blurred , so they did another. They didn’t get any results from that one either. Next they took her for a quick scan just for her head. The ordeal took time from early morning to late afternoon before they had any results.

Joyce was brought back to her room to wait some more. She was laying down on a bed while I was beside her in a chair. About 5 minutes later, Joyce let out a blood curdling scream, the likes I had never heard before. She passed out into unconsciousness. A doctor and a nurse came running into the room followed by several other hospital staff members. The room filled to capacity with more than 10 staff members, all doing their jobs. One nurse told me to leave the room. I replied “NO”. After the fray died down and they all left to talk about what happened. While waiting, a preacher came in and asked if he could pray for her? I had no objection. He left and an emergency room doctor came in and told me to go and bring back any family members to say goodbye to Joyce because she would not live through the night.

I called our daughter and went to her home to bring her to the hospital and say goodbye to her mother. We were half way back to the hospital when another call came. A nurse told me to go home and pack a bag for several days. Joyce was being put on a helicopter to Saint Louis for surgery there.

I took Annie back to her home and I left for my apartment to pack. A half hour later we were driving to Barnes hospital in Saint Louis. It was a long and very quiet drive. We arrived at 11:30 and went to Joyce’s room. There was nothing going on, but a male nurse greeted us as we walked into Joyce’s room. He said his name was Max and he had been with Joyce for several hours and now was time for him to go. We asked him if there was a cafeteria where we could get a bite to eat. We hadn’t had food since early in the morning. He took us to the cafeteria and he said it was time for him to leave. He was so nice to Joyce and to us. I asked him if he would be back tomorrow? He said his job here was done and he would not be back.

The next day I was asking nurses on the pre surgical floor about Max. No one knew him or saw him that evening. There was no Max working in the hospital. We saw Max; we spoke to him, but he didn't exist? Max was the third angel.

I have not seen another angel since then. I wonder if a person has to be willing to accept the fact that God and angels do exist. If so one may see one in his or her lifetime. I guess those who are non believers may still get help, but will not see the angelic being giving the help.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I feel blessed to have had the experience of being helped by angels. I wonder how common or uncommon this may be. Perhaps many people have this experience but are afraid to tell others for fear of being ridiculed by non believers.
      Bill

      Delete