Tuesday, April 2, 2024

240402 Lights Out!

A late April Fools Day trick.

April Fool’s day was barely over when a huge lightning storm rolled in and shut off all power in town. I woke up at 1:00 am on Tuesday morning when an enormous bolt of lightning flashed and apparently took out our power. I didn’t realize that until I got up at 2:21 am to use the bathroom and I saw the night lights were both out. I scrambled for my little flashlights. They were flickering on and off. It was annoying. I found an old battery powered light with a clip for book reading. It was light enough for me to have a bowl of cereal. I was dying for a cup of coffee. I knew the pot was loaded with coffee and the water was in the pot ready to brew, only problem was no electricity. I found my cell phone and called the utility company. They were aware and had some repair crews out. The power came back on around 4:00 am. I had my light in the bedroom switched on so I would know when power was restored. That woke me up and I raced for the kitchen to turn on the coffee pot. I'll never go to bed when the coffee pot is empty again. I'll always have at least one cup in there from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment