Wednesday, January 10, 2024

240111 Minimalism

I am into minimalism and I have worked on it for months now.

I think I am finally where I want to be, living a decluttered life. I have discarded everything I have not used in 2 years. I figure if I haven’t used it in that long, why do I need to keep it? It just takes up space and clutters up my apartment. I don't cook anything fancy, so why keep a lot of kitchen utensils? I pared down a sack full of kitchen items that I will never use. I got rid of a lot of excess dishes. Now my cabinets are clearer and lighter than ever before. The utensil drawers are less jammed and I can see whatever I want and need to prepare my meals. I still have one of everything necessary for my needs. I have donated more than half of my clothes. My closet is less full and I can see what I want to wear. I sold our couch because it was too big for the living room. Now I have just the chairs we had there before. The living room is more open and more appealing to me. I have a 2 bedroom apartment and that second bedroom is empty! I follow the 20 20 rule. If I can replace something for $20 or less in 20 minutes, get rid of it and if I need it at a later time, I can easily replace it inexpensively. I've dumped a duffelbag filled with unused items. I sold half a truckload of things toI believe a neighbor who runs a second hand shop. Now I have open space around me and no clutter anywhere. A cluttered place has a negative effect on those who live surrounded in it. I have little of value these days, so I don't have to worry about losing it.

I have taken these pictures this morning to show my progress in my minimalism living up to now.
My bedroom pics:

My second bedroom pic:
Living room pic:
Kitchen pic:
My closet: five jackets to cover all seasons. Five pairs of pants. Six shirts and two sweatshirts.
I realize my living this way is not for everyone. I'm practically a monk in a monastary, this suits me and I am mentally better than I have been in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment