Wednesday, December 6, 2023

231206 Fitness and Yoga

I was going to go to the fitness center today, but I changed my mind.

I think I’ll be better off by going to the center every other day and on the days between, doing my yoga practice. It may surprise you to know yoga is as much exercise as going to the fitness center, when you do a full session and do it correctly. My favorite yoga pose is the shoulder stand. It’s close to a head stand but it’s balancing upside down on the shoulders. The shoulder stand puts everything that sags down during the day and puts it back where it was when you got up this morning. Sadly, the shoulder stand will not put hair back on my head like the guy in the picture.

Yoga does good things for you and uses different muscles in the workout. One thing yoga does that the gym doesn’t do, is improve balance and while that is no problem for young people, it is a major problem for elderly people. Losing balance can put an older person into a fall and hitting the deck can fracture bones and even break them.

No comments:

Post a Comment