Saturday, September 9, 2023

230909 Saturday, but not in the Park

mobile theme
Saturday September 9, 2023

I noticed today that the sparrows are flocking together; they know it is time to begin the trip south before winter. They are resting in the shrubs here, mainly the ones called burning bush because they turn fire red in the late fall. They provide low cover for birds.

So far the trees are a verdant green. I’m hoping for a colorful fall. Last year the leaves in the trees went from green to brown overnight. I went out this morning to walk. I went farther than I have for many months, over ½ mile and it felt good.

The temperatures are beginning to drop here. Instead of upper nineties and a few 100s during August, the highs are mid to upper 80s. Tonight the temp will be in the 50s. I am adding an extra blanket to my bed.

Brother Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment