Wednesday, September 6, 2023

230906 A Life Well Lived

mobile theme
I've had a good life.

I have been blessed with a brain and a knack for repairing things. These days as I’ve gotten older, technology has passed me by, but in my day I have repaired radios, TV sets, washing machines, driers, dishwashers, repaired my cars, modified them, repaired aviation electronic systems, painted houses, repaired roofs, riding lawn mowers, built fences, repaired fences, fixed plumbing, furnaces, my 1941 Ford tractor,home electrical systems, computers and built TV towers.

Sadly those days are gone for the most part. Manufacturers have learned to make cars and home electronics nearly impossible or too expensive to repair. I miss those days of old, having immersed myself into projects that brought frustration at first, but happiness when I would finally solve the problem whatever it was. Those were days of joy for me.

I’ve had a wonderful life. I’ve traveled and experienced far away places and learned a bit about other cultures. I found and married a wonderful, loving woman who bore me a wonderful daughter, who bore a wonderful granddaughter. Life has brought me hard times in the past and then brought the good times, both of which are now viewed as the best thing that molded me into the man I am. I wouldn’t trade one minute of that for fame and fortune.

Brother Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment