Saturday, July 15, 2023

230715 Exhaustion!

This was me 20 years ago.

I had been working my body into exhaustion over a 3 day period.

I was trying to return my body to what it was 20 years ago and it did not turn out well. I had bought a new desk,a large one because the one I’ve had for 6 years now was not big enough for what I wanted to have on the desk and still be able to use it. The bigger desk (an extra 2 feet longer and 11 inches wider) took up considerably more space in my limited space available. I had to shuffle (move) everything in my apartment into a different place. Most of what I had to move was heavy, more than what I should be moving. During the same time frame I was keeping up with my 2 walks a day (½ mile each) and my daily yoga practice. I could have done it 20 years ago, but this is not 20 years ago. It is much later and I am much older and my body doesn’t have the strength it did back then. I’ll admit that once I get something in my head, I still charge into it like a raging bull, when I’m more like a weak calf.
The end result was I wore my body into complete exhaustion and ripped what leg muscle I have left to a point my legs swelled up, putting me into a state of agony. Right now I’m taking it easy for the last 2 days and I have no idea of how long it will take me to recover, if recovery is in my future at all. I really pulled a boneheaded stunt this time!
Life goes on, maybe not the way I want, but life has a way of its own and it doesn’t always consult me before it decides to make a rapid turn. Maybe I’ll make better decisions in the future and then maybe I won’t. Only time will tell for sure. Keep your seatbelts on; it may be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment