Sunday, June 18, 2023

230618 My Dreams

My dreams have been vivid and realistic lately.

I thought you were gone from me forever.
My sadness was overwhelming.
I was living alone, but in the same home we shared.
You were no longer with me to share a meal.
No longer would we have our morning coffee together.
No one to edit my daily posts.
No one to say goodnight to.
Life as I knew it was over.
I was a ship drifting in an endless sea.

Now 19 months later, you are alive and well.
I live with you in my dreams.
You are young, vibrant and alive.
We are working together by day.
Making love by night.

Is this a sign that we will soon be truly together again?
We were kindred spirits in life.
Will we soon be together in the heavenly realm?
We vowed to be together until death do us part.
Will my death join us together once again?
Only He who created heaven and earth knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment