Friday, March 24, 2023

230324 Flooding

There is a play court for the local kids under water right behind my apartment.

This picture shows the view on down to the drainage point at the other end of the apartment complex. It will take days to drain the water we already have and if we get as much rain as forecast for today, this might take a week or more to completely drain.
There is more water in the basin now than I have seen for the past three years I have lived here. I wish I had kept all of my goggles and swim fins.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a few neighbors will probably be flooded out by the end of today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see outside and the rain has paused, giving the draining system a chance to ease out the additional added water from this morning. There is more rain coming in for several hours after dark. I won't know the extent of things until tomorrow morning. It's going to be a sight to see.

      Delete