Wednesday, October 12, 2022

221012 Travel Time

When I joined the navy, I thought I would see the world.

I ended up seeing half of it, that being all over the far east. I never got to Britain, Scotland, Ireland, France, Spain or anything around the Mediterranean. ln 11 years. A grade school friend of mine did 4 years and saw all of those countries mentioned above.

Once I was out of the navy, I was always working and never traveled far. Now I’m an old man who does not care to travel to see the places I once wanted to see. Now I sit back and see all of those places in movies and documentaries. It’s quick and condensed into 1 or 2 hours per place. I see places off the well traveled tourist paths. I am well satisfied with my travels without airline delays or cruise ships. I sleep in my own bed at night and I am comfortable, plus I save a lot of money, which I could not afford anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment