Saturday, July 23, 2022

220723 Do you ever wonder?

I think about the things I didn’t do and often wonder why? I think about things I did and wonder why?
Joyce and I lived most of our lives for others, mainly for family. The only thing I remember doing for myself was buying the farm. I loved being there and raising animals and gardening. That was wonderful for me. We had countless guests and enjoyed having them. Joyce loved to cook and she had all the guests she could handle while we were there.We drank and entertained to our heart’s delight.
One thing we never did was have any illegal drugs. These days I think, why not? I suppose we were scared of what might have happened. There were a lot of things that we did not do, things that would have been better for us, but we put others before us. Maybe that was a mistake, I’ll never know.
We grew old there on the farm, and we decided it was best to sell the farm because we could no longer maintain it properly and it was too far from doctors and hospitals which we knew was not good for us at our age. We moved to town and it was the right thing to do. Joyce had her first aneurysm in town and we were able to get her to the hospital in time to save her life. Had we still been on the farm she would have never got to the hospital in time to save her. That gave her 5 more years to live until the second aneurysm came along 10 months ago when she was beyond saving even if she had been in a hospital when it occurred. It was her time to go and be with the angels. Sometimes the best laid plans often go awry. That is life as we know it. I still talk to her and miss her and I hope that never ends until I do.
These days I live alone, so I can and do live for myself. That has its advantages and disadvantages. I do have friends and family that visit, but without Joyce, I have no one to share my most intimate joys and fears. That my friends is an important thing for all of us to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment