Wednesday, June 15, 2022

220615 Going to the chapel

I watched a movie yesterday with a couple getting married at the end of the movie and I saw the minister asking for the traditional marriage vows. It dawned on me that the days before and after our wedding I remember well, but what the priest said and what we said, I have not one iota of that. It’s a blur. I remember the church, our parents and friends there. It doesn’t matter what was said; the only that matters is that whatever those vows we had pledged lasted for 58 years until Joyce’s demise. I have no idea of what will happen in my future, but I pray that my mind will hold the memories of being with her until the end of my life.
This is the song that was popular the day we were married and I remember it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment