Monday, May 23, 2022

220523 Love

I have always been a romantic and always believed in love. I always tried to make my love happy to be by my side. I believe I succeeded. There was only one woman that I loved and she was the only woman who loved me.
Since she has passed it has been a tough time for me. I spend a lot of my time either writing or watching movies. My movie selections are mostly about Christmas, action or romance. Christmas movies always have happy endings as do romantic movies. The action films, well I don’t know why I watch them, perhaps just for a change of pace. If I’m feeling down, it’s nice to see bad guys get their asses kicked.
Back to the other two categories, 90% of them are young people falling in love and having the happy ending I want to see. I watch them with all of those young folks and I think of how wonderful young love is. If I could do that part of my life over, I would not hesitate for a single moment. I still have family and friends that I love, but that is not the same as being in love with that one woman I met and later married. We had good times and not so good times on the bumpy road of life. But we got through the bad times and the rest of the times were great! Nothing is perfect in this world, but I was lucky enough to get damn close with my wife of 58 years. The bad times led to the good times and made our lives better for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment