Friday, May 13, 2022

220513 Life Lesson

I have spent my life trying to please other people.
On occasion it worked, but the majority of time it did not.
Neither you nor I can win when we spend our time trying to please everyone. If you make one person happy you make another one upset with you. I couldn’t even please Joyce all of the time and she loved me as much as I loved her. It’s a losing game when you try to please everyone.

Our parents were impossible to please at times even though we tried to do our best for them (like when we got married). Our siblings, except for my sister Mar, were rarely happy with us. Now that our parents are gone and Joyce has passed away, I live alone. These days I have decided to live what life I have left the way I want to be and not worry about what other people think about me. My family, Rhett, Annie, Hailey, nephew Patrick, sister Mar, and Patrick’s love Kristy are the family I have left in my life. They and my friends seem to be okay with me as I am. It would appear that when I stopped trying to be everything for everyone, it works better than when I tried so hard to be what others wanted me to be.

Life is difficult for me to comprehend. All I can say is be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. I think you will live a happier life if you just be yourself. It seems to be working for me now. One last thing I first heard in 1990 was this song, “Garden Party” and I think it sums up my life thinking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment