Thursday, May 12, 2022

220512 Sentinel, A Story

Oh what a night, late December 1963. It was a very special time for me. I didn’t even know her name, but I knew my life was never going to be the same. I got a funny feeling when she walked in the room and I thought it was going to end too soon.

She wore blue velvet, bluer than velvet was the night, softer than satin was the light from the stars. Bluer than velvet were her eyes, warmer than May were her tender sighs. I was feeling the rapture glow like a flame burning brightly, but when she left, gone was the glow of blue velvet. In my heart there will always be sweet and warm memories of her blue velvet through the years.

One of these days I’m going to lay down some tracks, in the direction of where I saw her last. I’m gonna make that girl love, without putting on an act. Oh yes, I’m going back to that sugar shack.

If she has a problem, don’t care what it is, I can help. I got two strong arms, I can help. It would sure do me good to do her good. People get lonely, ain’t nothing new, but a woman like her should never have the blues. When I go to sleep at night I dream of her, holding me tight and telling me everything I want to hear. Don’t forget me baby, all you gotta do is call. You know how I feel about you; I can help. If your child needs a daddy, I can help. It would sure do me good to do you good, I can help.

If you have read this far, you may be wondering where this came from? Is this real? Does it make any sense? It does, if you can see the hidden thread in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment