Saturday, April 23, 2022

220423, Sentinel, The Magic of Music

I listen to old songs a lot these days.
Those songs remind me of better days long ago.
Any song listed here can be found on YouTube by typing in Song and then add the title.
“Sittin by the dock of the bay” reminds me of Joyce sitting by the old Broadway pier in San Diego, waiting for me to cross over from the North Island naval air station after work.
“The twelfth of never” reminds me of how much I loved Joyce and will forever.
“Margaritaville” makes me think of our Margarita days in California. After we left there, we still celebrated Margaritaville every Cinco de Mayo. On every 5th of May we had Margaritas.
“December 1963” makes me remember the night I met Joyce. As the song says, oh what a night and it was what a night, one I will never forget.
The song “Blue Velvet” takes me back to our early days together.
The song “Escape” speaks of making love in the dunes at midnight. Joyce and I had our night in the dunes at midnight on Jekyll Island, Georgia.
As I write this, I think of my eternal love for Joyce and all the fun we had together. My mind goes reeling through nearly everything about that wonderful woman. I was lucky enough to have 58 years of love with her. I pray that someday I will see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment