Friday, April 22, 2022

220422 Sentinel, Busy Days


Yesterday and this morning I have been busy getting ready to rid myself of things I no longer care to have.
It is amazing to me how many needless things I have. During Joyce’s last year and a half we occupied ourselves buying stuff, bringing home items we could not use all of at one time, so our closets filled up and our rooms were bursting at the seams with everything we accumulated. I have spent the last 7 months getting shed of those same items. It makes me feel good to have more open space. I don’t have any need or desire to have any more than is necessary for me to live. We had at least 6 months of canned goods and dry staples to live on. I am still working to whittle that down to a reasonable amount. I feel like having less gives me less to lose should some catastrophe cause me to lose everything I have. I own what I have, it doesn't own me. Possessions can be taken away in a matter of seconds by a tornado or an outside event. After all, all we own is ourself. I lost the love of my life in a single moment when Joyce went unconscious with her second brain aneurysm that took her away from me. Joyce made me happy, having possessions could never compare to having her.

No comments:

Post a Comment