Friday, March 25, 2022

220325 Sentinel, a few notes about love


Lately my nightly dreams have Joyce in them.
I find that very comforting.
I can still remember those evenings
I’d turn down the lights and sit beside Joyce
I’d tell her in a low voice
I love you
I’ll always be true
I’d get down on my knees
I’d vow to do my best to please
I’d hold that gentle miss
I’d follow that with a kiss
I’d say we’ll get older together
I’d tell her our love will last forever
Her soul departed
That left me brokenhearted
I keep her cremains beside those of her mother
The two women I loved like no other
I see them together every day
That makes me happy in an odd way
They rest beside each other into eternity
Some day, I pray I too will be
Beside them into eternity
Until then, I’ll carry on and be
As they would want from me
Loving, forgiving in every way
Until I join them again some day

2 comments:

  1. You will join them again and it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, that would be wonderful. I look forward to that whenever my time comes to leave this earthly plane.
      Thank you,
      Bill

      Delete