Wednesday, March 16, 2022

220316 Sentinel, Looking Back and Forward

I have done some bad things in my life, things I am not proud of at all.
If I could change those things, I would, but there is no going back in time.

This picture is me and my granddaughter Hailey.

All I can do is be who I am and hope to be better in the future. It is my nature to dwell on my mistakes and not focus on the good things I have done. I am working on that and perhaps on some glorious day I will accomplish that task.

I have spent a lot of time in the past admiring the successes of other men, even envying their apparent station in life’s game. My thinking is changing now. I do not know what is their heart and how satisfied they may be with their lives. I do not know their motives, their desires.

My studies recently have brought me to a different point in my life. All I can be is who I am, not what others are. My path is different than theirs. When some men die there are monuments and statues made of them to honor their lives. When I die, I want to be like footprints in the sands by the ocean, soon washed away by the incoming tide and only remembered by those who have seen and felt my footprints in their life. If I have accomplished that, my life has been worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment