Monday, March 14, 2022

220314 Sentinel, My Lost Love

Monday March 14, 2020

My life continues.

Today is the 6 month anniversary of Joyce’s passing. Today I have beat the odds, they being that when a spouse is lost after a long term, loving marriage, the remaining spouse usually dies within the next 6 months. Today I am alive and feeling good. I miss her every day, but the grief continues on. It is not as horrific as it was, but I am ever so slowly recovering from the greatest loss in my lifetime. I still talk to her as I look at all of her pictures. I see her in my dreams at night. I feel blessed to have had Joyce in my life for 58 years. I will never get past those memories, nor do I want to forget them. I have read that people on their deathbed often see all deceased family members at their bedside when death approaches. My mother did. I would be comforted to see Joyce at my bedside when I am in the throes of death.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful lady, beautiful love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As is the beautiful lady who wrote this comment. Martin is a lucky man as I was to have Joyce in my life.

      Delete