Thursday, March 10, 2022

220310 Sentinel, Spirit

Forgive my picture taking in this post. My hands are not steady, the lighting is poor, so the quality of the pictures are not top knotch.

I have a lot of time these days to sit and reflect on everything in my life.
I spend a lot of time looking at Joyce’s paintings and Hailey’s line drawings.
I kept looking at them yesterday and then it dawned on me that the artwork has their spirit in every line or stroke of the brush. They are living embodiments of them. Their work lifts my spirit.
The things we do or create in our lives live on long after we die. Those works keep their spirit alive in me.

I discovered this short poem many years ago and it has stuck with me for decades now. Yesterday it came to the forefront as I looked at what Joyce and Hailey created.

You never know when you do an act
What the result will be
But with every deed
You sow a seed
The result of which you may never see

No comments:

Post a Comment