Friday, February 18, 2022

220218 Sentinel, Love

I am always looking for my next post.
Sometimes ideas come to me as fast as I can write them down and then there are days like today when I have nothing in my head but fatty tissue.
Today’s post is something I found deep in my archive of things I wrote earlier. This post was written 21 years ago. It was then something I hoped for that sadly did not come true.

------------------------------------------------------------------
April 22, 2001
A lifetime with Joyce

How long shall I love you?
I don’t know.
Thirty years has not been enough.
Fifty years does not seem enough.
One lifetime may not be enough.

I hope in our next lifetime we are lovers again,
When I first met you, your youthful beauty mesmerized me.
That alone was enough to worship you.
Now that time has taken its toll,
And your skin is youthful no longer,
You have blossomed into an even more beautiful flower.

You are the single most wonderful person I’ve ever met.
You are the most loving, caring, sensitive person I know.
You are eager to please, joyous to be with.

Now that we are past middle age,
And entering our senior age together,
I look ahead and I know that someday this life will end.
I wonder when will be the last time I view you with these eyes.

Each day I look at you and I feel the wonder and the joy of being with you.
I don’t want it to end.
I dread that day.
I don’t know how I’ll face that day.

I hope that the final time that my eyes ever see you is when my eyes close for the last time, I cannot imagine life without you.
I cannot imagine being here on this planet without you here by my side, and I hope I never know what that is like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I write this post today, things didn’t work out the way I wanted. Joyce has passed before me and now I am learning what life is without her. I wish I had never known what life is without Joyce, but alas now I know. I think about her every day and long for her caress. Now I know when that last kiss happened. I didn’t know that before. The fact is, we never know when that last kiss will come until it is too late. My advice to you is to cherish each kiss as though it were the last one. Live each day as though it is the last one. Finally, never miss a chance to tell your loved ones that you do love them.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna. Ours was a love that lasts forever. I still love her and think about her every day. I have a screen saver with her pictures that I see every day. Joyce was always beautiful even into old age.

      Delete