Friday, January 28, 2022

220128 Sentinel, Escape

I was listening to songs from the sixties this morning when the song “Escape" played. There is a link to it at the end of this post.
The song has a wonderful connection for me during my life with Joyce.
Joyce and I used to walk the beach on Coronado late at night. One night as we walked, there was a small dune there and as we approached, we saw a young man’s head pop up and he waved us away from where he was. He was making love with a young woman there on the beach. We obliged his situation and veered far around where he and she were. Far be it from us to interfere with two young lovers engaged in their love making.

I remember the event every time I hear that song in the playlist that I listen to every day. Joyce and I made love on the beach one night at Jekyll Island back in 1964 along with doing the deed in the warm Atlantic ocean there. Up to that point we had only been in the waters of the Pacific off Coronado beach and the water there was too cool to be comfortable. On Jekyll Island, we had been separated for a couple of months while I was in naval AEW training at Brunswick, Georgia over the 4th of July weekend in 1964. Those wonderful, warm memories keep this old man going these days.

In the song there is a phrase, "If you like making love in the dunes of the cape, I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape." That is my connection to the song. The difference between that man and me is that I never got tired of being with Joyce, my lady and we were never together too long for me. Here is the “link to the song Escape”

The good Lord only made a few like Joyce and it's the lucky man who gets to have one like her.

If you are one of the lucky guys who find one, hang on to what you have because you'll never get another chance to have one better than the one you have beside you. That almost sounds poetic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment