Monday, October 25, 2021

211025 Sentinel, Life

mobile theme

Grateful, Thankful and Blessed

I am grateful for those who have reached out with support for me in my time of sorrow over the loss of Joyce. I did not have any idea of what to expect, but what I have received is beyond anything I could have imagined.

It follows that I am also thankful for the outpouring of kindness. One of the friends who sent a sympathy card included an extra sheet of paper with this written on it: Grief never ends...But it changes. It is a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith... It is the price of love.

Of all I have received, this was one of the more comforting things of all. It strikes me as being so very true. Grief is the price of a love lost. There is a great Dean Martin song titled, “Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime.” Everybody does love someone at some time in their life. Sometimes love is unrequited, sometimes love fades with time and sometimes a man or woman hits the jackpot with a love that lasts a lifetime. I experienced an unrequited love before I met Joyce. That is still in the depths of my consciousness. It faded through the years but never left me despite the fact that I know that love would have in time,never worked out. It turned out that Joyce came into my life and stayed through thick and thin. It wasn’t always easy and we had our trials but through them all we prevailed and built a love that exists inside me today. That is why grief, the price of love is high for me. Would I exchange our life together, our love for anything on Earth? Not at all for any reason would I give up what I had with Joyce. If I was offered the chance to begin my life with her all over again, I would not hesitate one minute to say yes I would gladly do that.

I have been blessed with my life so far.

Here is a link to the Dean Martin song "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime" one of my all time favorites.

2 comments:

  1. Bill, I have been blessed reading your letters and posts. You are a reminder of all that love can possibly be and the hope that still exists in a world that sometimes seem void of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Unknown.I am honored by you kind words.

    ReplyDelete