Saturday, October 9, 2021

211009 Sentinel, A Milestone Day

mobile theme

Today is a milestone day for me for I have reached a goal I set years ago. Today’s post is number 2000! It has taken me 15 years to get here. I thank those of you that have been with me before and since my first postings on Google Blogger. I also appreciate those who have come onboard in the last years before today.

The picture below is Joyce holding our daughter Annie, an infant back in 1967.



For this milestone post I have looked up some of the pieces I wrote to Joyce over the years. I am sharing some of them with you in honor of her life. Today is the first one.

‘I Think About You Every Day’

I think about you every day
How I love you, in every way
I can’t imagine what I’d do
My life to live without you
I write you this, my soul I bare
But words can’t really show I care
The things I do in the life we share
Convey the truth of why I’m there
From younger years, innocent and fair
To more mature, and gray of hair
I’ve uprooted and taken you everywhere
Without complaint you were there
I’ve traveled the world but never found
Someone so nice to be around
A woman with temper ever mild
A perfect Mother for my perfect child
From the day we took our sacred vow
To the moment we share, here and now
I hope to have and love you true
As long as skies are ever blue
But when it is I’ve breathed my last
I pray the Lord will hold you fast

4 comments:

  1. I am honored you have shared a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share how wonderful this woman was to me.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem, beautiful woman, beautiful love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce was the love of my life. This will be the first Thanksgiving without her. Joyce loved Thanksgiving because she could cook big and share with so many friends and family. When everyone finally left we would be up into the wee hours cleaning pots pans dishes glasses serving bowls, but it was worth all the work for Joyce. I hope your upcoming Thanksgiving is terrific!
      Bill

      Delete