Thursday, October 7, 2021

211007 Sentinel, Dealing with Government Agencies

mobile theme

Social Security

I was auditing my checking account, when I noted Joyce's last social security check had been direct deposited on the 22nd of September and then promptly returned to social security on the 23rd. So I said to myself, what's going on here? I tried to call the bank using the number I had stored on my cell phone for two days, but I could not get an answer from the bank. It was like they folded up their tent and left town. Well as you can imagine I was not too happy. I went online to check the bank branch location and there I saw the phone number. I had entered the wrong number into my contacts list. Then I had to figure out how to change the number on my phone. Once I did that the call went right through and I spoke to a represenative there. It tunrs out the bank is required to return any checks back to social security.

I went out to check my postal mail and there was a letter from social security there. I brought it into the apartment, opened it and found an extremely complicated form to fill out and return. Well that took an hour and a half to decipher and fill out a 2 page form. It was just the sort of thing to make this man's head nearly explode. The form had to be filled out and returned in 5 days for some reason. I had already been to the bank and home when I checked the mail and filled out the form and then got back in the car to go to the post office. I was not about to just put the form in an unlocked outgoing mail box. And now that that has been accomplished it's time for your old uncle Billy to kick back and pop the top on a delightfully cold brew. My day is shot at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment