Wednesday, September 29, 2021

210928 Sentinel, Letter to Joyce #5

I wasn't going to continue with my letters to Joyce, but a good friend said I should keep sending them and posting them on my blog. I am following that advice. Gmail has a bad habit of not saving everything, but the blog has everything since 2006.
The blog link is here.

Dear Joyce,

Right now I have a hole in my heart big enough to drive a truck through. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s going to be a hole that I’ll never fill, even if I wanted to do that. How could a man ever get over the loss of the woman such as you? Another bigger question is why would I want to get over my loss?

I remember the first time I ever saw you. You were indeed the most beautiful young creature I ever laid eyes upon, but there was something else there beside the beauty. It was like I could see into your soul and from that moment on I was hooked on you, despite the fact that I was nothing to you at that same moment. That led to my finest accomplishment in my life, winning your heart.

Over the years your and my looks faded away and that did not matter because I still saw you as you were on the night we met. What mattered was your heart grew bigger every year of our life together. You always had a kind and generous soul. That soul grew ever larger with each passiing year.

I am the luckiest man in the world to have had you for the rest of your life.

With all my love,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment