Saturday, March 27, 2021

The Sentinel, A Life Well Lived 210327


      On Facebook or on your email, you saw how Joyce and I began our life together and this picture is what we are these days.

      I feel like Joyce and I have had a wonderful life together. One of the reasons is that we have met so many wonderful people and continue meeting more of them. We are currently living in the 27th place we have either bought or rented, so we have gotten to meet many people just from that. The most people we have met occurred during our navy days. No matter where we were there were always new families transferring in and others shipping out. Between Millington, Tennessee and San Diego we have met and enjoyed people from nearly every state in the USA and from many different countries. San Diego was where we met people from China, India, Pakistan, Japan, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Romania, Taiwan, Mexico, Philippines, Vietnam and Canada are the ones I remember at this moment. In Millington, we met people from all over the USA, England, Brazil and Iran. Many of them we have shared our table and food with, celebrated with; most of those people from all over our world were very nice and interesting to be with on those occasions.

       The people in Japan have a very different culture, but were quite nice. I had wanted to go to Japan since I was a child. There has always been a feeling I have had all of my life that I wanted and needed to go to Japan. I really feel as though I lived there in a past life. The first time I stepped on Japanese soil I felt like I was coming home after many years. Joyce had the same feeling when we first went to California.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that in this picture you look so much like your grandfather. In fact I feel that you are the only one of the lot of you all that look like little grandpa. Love you..Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I am happy to hear that. It's nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete