Friday, March 5, 2021

Sentinel, Adventure and Death 210305


      I was sent this picture a few days ago and I just keep looking at it.


      I relate to the picture and its wording. I remember it. I was 20 at that time, flying into typhoons and rode them out aboard ship. It was exciting, crazy and exhilarating all at the same time. At 42 I became a homebody and have been ever since.

      I remember being launched off an aircraft carrier’s catapult once. That’s something I will never forget. It’s difficult to imagine going from 0 to 180 miles an hour in 2.5 seconds. I do not know what the G-force involved in that is, but I do know that I could not move a muscle during that time. For first timers, you are warned to be seated properly with legs spread or you could flatten the family jewels. Pilots are launched all the time, but not many enlisted men get to experience that. Pilots always have the plane’s control stick pulled all the way back and hold onto it because they have to have everything set to go up and not down.

      Now at my age I am facing the reality of death of natural causes. It will happen to all of us at some point. I am not afraid of death. I have been studying people’s stories they experienced in cases of death and then recovery. Some were dead for an hour; one doctor (a neurosurgeon) told his story of being clinically dead for an entire week before he was brought back to life. Not one story told of fear or damnation, in fact their experience was uplifting. One story was 2 women crushed and killed in a car accident. They had the same experience together, one did not come back, the other one did.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment