Friday, December 25, 2020

The Sentinel, Home Sweet Home 201225



      Not all are having a Merry Christmas today. Most of those who read this post and I the writer are having a wonderful Christmas. This year is not as good as last year and not as good as next year, but at least we are at home and have food and shelter and immediate family together. There is no Christmas like a home Christmas with the ones you love.
      Let me begin. The list is long and I hope I cover all of them. Soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines are deployed all over the world today. I remember those Christmasses well. The ships and galleys ashore did their best to provide a good Christmas dinner, but not like one at home with family and friends. Aboard the ship there was no beer or other spirits. Soldiers and marines and airmen in Muslim countries don’t have any alcohol to comfort them today. Soldiers and marines in forward bases will probably chow down on MREs out of a pouch. Ho, ho, ho on that one. Those men and women are doing a duty that far too few are willing to do these days. I pray none of them are lost today.
      Next up on my list are overworked nurses and doctors serving the sick today and potentially risking their lives for people they don’t even know. That by the way goes for our armed forces in conflict today.
      I don’t want to forget EMTs, firemen and police. They are on duty and away from home today. I’ve already heard sirens today, so I know some are out saving the day for someone they don’t know.
      The secret service is on duty guarding our president. The FBI, the CIA, the NSA and a lot more three letter agencies are on duty protecting our country.
      I am sure there are more than what I have listed and for those people who I don’t know, I thank them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment