Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Sentinel, Veterans 201105


      Veterans Day is coming up in just 6 days.
      All of the men listed in this post were combat veterans. The pictures below are in order left to right; Joyce's father, my father, Joyce's uncle William, our nephew Patrick, Me, and lastly a turely great American hero John McCain.

      I feel so lucky to have known so many veterans in my lifetime. My 10 years and 8 months in the navy I had the privilege of knowing so many navy and marine corps men. I cannot think of more than 2 who were not terrific men and patriots.
      My father was an army artilleryman in in Germany during World War 2, my uncle was a marine corps raider battalion member in the Pacific , Joyce’s father was a destroyer man in the navy whose ship was sunk by the Japanese and her uncle was army air corps gunner and became a POW in Germany.
      Our nephew Patrick was a 23 year army man who was in skirmishes around the world. My upstairs neighbor Pete was an army tank man in Iraq.
      All of these men deserve respect and being remembered on November 11 of any year and that is why I wrote this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment