Sunday, October 25, 2020

The Sentinel, Time 201025



      Time is something we live by every day. We do not, cannot control time, but time has a way of controlling us. At first, the previous statement may sound ridiculous, but think about it for a moment. We follow time for most things in life. Working people have to be at their place of employment at whatever time the employer requires and being late on a regular basis is grounds for dismissal. Children have to be to school on a specified time and even if parents are not employed, they need to get up and have the child ready for going to school. Doctor’s are always behind time for your appointments, but you have to be there on time or perhaps miss out or worse be put further back in line. No one knows when the clock will stop for our time on earth; that time is totally out of our hands. We have these arbitrary daylight saving time changes which demand our changing the time on our clocks every year.
      Speaking about clocks, “does anyone really know what time it is?” (Forgive me for slipping that song lyric in, but I just had to) Back to clocks, I have 5 clocks in the home and I rely on my computer for the accurate time. The computer must be in touch with the time god. I don’t know where or how that happens; it just is what it is. After getting the accurate time from the time god, then I go around the house setting the other clocks and trying to mentally figure out how many minutes have passed so I can set the time on the other clocks. That is not a good system, but it is my system for setting the other clocks. I suppose I could drag the computer with me, but even that might not work.
      Those of you who saw the original “Back to the Future movie” will remember the scene where Christopher Lloyd had a shop full of cuckoo clocks that all went off at the exact time. I always wondered how many hours were spent on getting that one scene perfectly with the clocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment