Monday, September 7, 2020

Your Sentinel, Zircon Chapter 3


Zircon Chapter 3

I was playing Zircon, my favorite computer game last weekend.

Part of the game involves approaching these obelisks to seek a quest, and then going to find the object of the quest. Most of the obelisks are ancient pyramidal type monoliths that can speak when spoken to, while others are more of a human likeness but not fully human. Those are the scarier ones. They are capable of moving and are creepy enough that many new players avoid them. I had enough adventure with the pyramidal types.

I was enjoying my game so much, that I forgot to stop for lunch. The house was so nice and quiet I was undisturbed and had advanced to a new level. I was so thrilled I wanted to take a break and share the news with my wife. I left the computer room and went down the hall to find her. She didn't answer my call. Then I rounded the corner and found her in bed, asleep.

"Well no wonder" I thought, "that's why my lunch is late." I guess the gloom of the day had led her to take a nap. I opened the blinds to look out and it was black as night! "Wow, it must be going to storm!" I wondered what the local weather station had to say? I flipped on the TV and the station must have been knocked out by a storm, because there was nothing but static. Well I wondered how long Joyce was going to sleep; I was getting hungry. Oh well, I was felling a bit tired myself; maybe I would lie down and take a nap.

Joyce woke me up and the light was so intense I couldn't' fully open my eyes. "Was the storm over?"

"What storm?"

"The storm that knocked out the TV station and had the day so black earlier."

"What are you talking about?"

"What do you mean, what am I talking about? The storm, did it end?"

"There hasn't been a storm for a week. You have been laying in that bed for 20 hours now and the weekend is all but over. You must have been dreaming."

"Are you nuts?" It's Saturday afternoon and you fell asleep, I just laid down for a few moments when the storm was about to pass by."

"It's Sunday afternoon and you played that computer game from Friday night through Saturday night. I called you for lunch and supper and finally went to bed Saturday night and you never came out of your computer room." "The hell you say."

"I do. But the truth of the matter is you spent the entire weekend on that silly game and if you don't get up and walk around a bit you'll not be able to do so. Supper is almost ready."

What the hell was she talking about I wondered?

No comments:

Post a Comment