Friday, September 25, 2020

The Sentinel, Crazy Town 200925


In the last 48 hours things have gone maddening for me. My phone, internet and Roku have all gone wacky. My phone network has not been working. I try to make a call and it says "Pay your bill!" At the same time I have a message that says "thank you for paying your bill, your next payment is due October 19." I try the phone agani and it says "emergency calls only!" I reset everything yesterday, but no luck. Shut the phone off and tried it this morning and a call went through just like normal. This afternoon I wanted to make a call, message was "no network!" Okay, so that's bad enough, yesterday and today, but wait there's more. My TV works off a streaming internet service, as does Joyce's TV. Yesterday I was in the middle of a good movie when everything stopped working and a message came up check your WIFI network. My download speed was minimal, one megabit per second, meanwhile Joyce was watching her TV on the same internet and WIFI and it was working fine. I shut my TV off and turned it back on and my Roku Channel came up like normal and that was all, the set was frozen in that mode, no remote buttons would work and I couldn't even turn the set off! My internet streaming has been flaky all the while for weeks now, I can upload to a server at 200 megabits per second, but my download speeds vary from 10 to 30 megabits per second when I know it is capable of 180-200. I tell you it's enough to make a grown man go to crazy town, of course that's not a long journey for me at times, like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment